10 Questions to consider asking
Patients are encouraged to ask questions. A simple question can help you better
care for yourself. The questions below can get you started. Be sure to add your
- What is this test for?
- How many times have you done this procedure?
- When will I get the results?
- Why do I need this treatment?
- Are there any alternatives?
- What are the possible complications?
- Which hospital is best for my needs?
- How do you spell the name of that drug?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
(adapted from DHHS/AHRQ)